RFI/RFQ (eSOFS™) and direct carrier transition for Ansell
Client: Ansell Healthcare Products
- As a global leader in protection solutions seeking to transition from NVOCCs to direct ocean carrier contracts, Ansell selected Drewry’s e-Sourcing Ocean Freight Solution (eSOFS™) to manage its ocean freight procurement event and advise on the direct carrier transition.
Client Objectives and Expectations
- Smooth transition to direct carrier contracts using good incumbent providers;
- Strict evaluation of providers’ capabilities, costs and services through optimisation;
- Thorough financial risk assessment of providers;
- Competitive quality and service to improve predictability;
- “Best possible service at the lowest possible cost”.
- Drewry managed the FCL and LCL ocean transport competitive events with 3 rounds, including face-to-face meetings, and supported Ansell’s logistics leadership team at every stage;
- With Ansell’s team, Drewry put together accurate data scores by provider;
- We provided an ongoing market evaluation using Drewry benchmark data;
- We recommended an astute risk mitigation strategy and proposed carrier performance contract clauses;
- We measured potential provider choices using the Drewry Z score financial stress index;
- We measured the impact of potential scenarios and final decisions.
- Finals and awards resulted in reduced costs of about 13% when comparing the final round to round 1.
- The process from planning to award of contracts took 3 months, as planned.
- Direct carrier contracts were secured.
- Risk mitigation measures were implemented.
- For the 2 major tradelanes, a market advantage of 9% and 16% were secured for the customer.
"Drewry’s advisory team brought professionalism and invaluable insight to all stages of the RFI and RFQ process, from managing the global tender and liaising with bidders to scenario analytics and inter-party communication and co-ordination. Our team was impressed by both the team appointed and the solution presented - and very satisfied with the results achieved. I would be happy to recommend Drewry to other companies."
Andrew J. Gillespie, Director, Global Logistics, Ansell Healthcare Products