Annual review of the reefer market
Our 2016/17 report is further improved and continues with the inclusion of bi-lateral trade analyses.
This unique global study has been further improved and now provides an even greater depth of analysis on the containerised reefer market and trade as it continues to disrupt and change the reefer industry. Reefer Shipping Market Review & Forecast 2016/17 is one of Drewry Maritime Research’s annual reports, providing a complete review of the industry whilst also presenting detailed forecasts for key metrics.
Drewry provides extensive analyses on seven main commodity classes totalling over 30 different commodities. The classes are; Bananas, Citrus, Deciduous, Exotics, Fish / Seafood, Meat / Poultry, Dairy - as well as other commodities such as pharmaceuticals, cut flowers, tomatoes and fresh & frozen vegetables.
On the supply side Drewry has further improved its coverage of the container sector, giving you a balanced view of the industry as its makeup progresses.
Trade and Commodities
- Change in worldwide trade by commodity and import region
- Estimated seaborne trade
- Forecast trade of perishable reefer cargoes to 2020 - including modal split
Reefer Containership fleet
- Containership fleet profiles
- Financial overview of the container industry
- Analysis of the refrigerated container fleet
- Top 10 container operators (reefer teu capacity) analysed by fleet size, newbuildings and age profile
- Market rates and carrier operating costs
- Specialised reefer fleet analysis including on deck reefer capacity
- Analysis of future capacity levels including newbuildings and demolition levels
- The major eight operators for the specialised sectors are addressed individually in this section by fleet size, newbuildings and age profile
- Detailed operating cost budgets for three main specialised reefer are included
Market issues are addressed - both in terms of capacity and freight rate - and their resultant effect on the supply/demand balance.
- Key issues within the reefer containership industry are reviewed
- Specialised reefer time charter market, 2000-2018
- Forecast development of reefer market supply/demand, 1Q16 through to 1Q19
- Reefer capacity (container vs specialised)
- Seaborne cargo volumes (container vs specialised)
- Seaborne utilisation (container vs specialised)
- Top six specialised reefer operators’ fleet lists
- Containership capacity analyses for Australian, East Coast South America, West Coast South America, South African and West African trade lanes