Annual review of the reefer market
Our 2017/18 report is further improved and fully incorporates the recently added commodities of pharma, cut flowers and confectionery into the main body of the report and its forecasts.
This unique global study has been further improved and provides an in-depth analysis on the containerised reefer market and trade as it speeds up its assault on the refrigerated sector. Reefer Shipping Market Review & Forecast 2017/18 is one of Drewry Maritime Research’s annual reports, providing a complete review of the industry whilst also presenting detailed forecasts for key metrics.
Drewry provides extensive analyses on 10 main commodity classes totalling over 30 different commodities. The classes are; Bananas, Citrus, Deciduous, Exotics, Fish / Seafood, Meat / Poultry, Dairy, Pharma, Cut Flowers and Confectionary - as well as other commodities such as tomatoes, frozen potatoes and fresh & frozen vegetables.
On the supply side Drewry has detailed coverage of both the container sector and specialised sector, giving you a balanced view of the industry as its makeup progresses.
Trade and Commodities
- Change in worldwide trade by commodity and import region
- Estimated seaborne trade by commodity
- Forecast trade of perishable reefer cargoes to 2021 - including modal split
Reefer Containership fleet
- Containership fleet profiles
- Financial overview of the container industry
- Analysis of the refrigerated container fleet
- Top 10 container operators (reefer teu capacity) analysed by fleet size, newbuildings and age profile
- Market rates and carrier operating costs
- Specialised reefer fleet analysis including on deck reefer capacity
- Analysis of future capacity levels including newbuildings and recycling levels
- The major eight operators for the specialised sectors are addressed individually in this section by fleet size, newbuildings and age profile
- Detailed operating cost budgets for three specialised reefer vessel sizes are included
Market issues are addressed - both in terms of capacity and freight rate - and their resultant effect on the supply/demand balance.
- Key issues within the reefer containership industry are reviewed
- Specialised reefer time charter market, 2001-2020
- Forecast development of reefer market supply/demand, 1Q17 through to 1Q20
- Reefer capacity (container vs specialised)
- Seaborne cargo volumes (container vs specialised)
- Seaborne utilisation (container vs specialised)
- Top eight specialised reefer operators’ fleet lists
- Containership capacity analyses for Oceania, East Coast South America, West Coast South America, South Africa and West Africa trade lanes