Ocean Freight Procurement Support
We work with ocean freight procurement and logistics teams within global manufacturers and retailers, advising and guiding them through complex sourcing events while applying the latest best practices to reduce costs and maximise productivity and performance.
Support at every stage of the procurement process
Our new e-Sourcing Ocean Freight Solution (eSOFS™) is a cutting-edge advisory and sourcing event execution service which brings efficiency and transparency to the management of the most complex and data intensive sourcing events.
eSOFS™ is part of an end-to-end ocean freight procurement solution providing lifecycle and event support combining industry best practices with real-time freight rate benchmarking data to enable your organisation to achieve, sustain and deliver future competitive advantage. This rigorous cost management and procurement solution draws on a rich seam of maritime industry experts with experience supporting complex multimode /multi-route instructions for an elite client base of global brands in retailing and manufacturing.
By combining real-time market intelligence, industry experience and cutting-edge technology, we help ocean freight procurement teams achieve their commercial objectives.
- Cutting-edge technology: Cutting-edge platform which brings efficiency improvement and transparency to the management of the most complex and data intensive sourcing events – faster and cheaper.
- Trusted market intelligence: Access to one of the most highly regarded global sources of freight rate intelligence (Beneficial Cargo Owner contract rates and spot market rates) to gain increased confidence in negotiations, define real target rates and measure success against the market benchmarks.
- Specialist expertise: Partner with proven transportation and technology professionals, to audit your rates and processes, optimise procurement selection and reduce ocean transportation and related costs.
eSOFS™ is designed to help ocean freight procurement teams achieve better results and reduced cost from their procurement processes.
At its core, the service provides:
- Audit and benchmarking of current carrier contracts
- Management and completion of the competitive e-sourcing event based on your objectives and scenarios
- Carrier/freight forwarder selection, process allows for identification of your best selections and the cost of change
- Final event management in collaboration with our experts
- Contract implementation, and post-event market analysis and review of contract performance in quarterly business reviews with carriers/freight forwarders
- Understand if your existing contracted rates and service levels beat industry standards
- Manage and measure Historical vs New vs Benchmark rates and services throughout the lifecycle
- Confidence in negotiation position and in cost budgeting
- Reduce the workload of your team and improve productivity
- Optimise and choose using a customisable scenario analysis builder to understand transit time impact on inventory carrying costs
- Reduce transport/inventory and/or internal costs
- Have the Drewry team next to you for advice when those final votes are cast
- Ongoing assistance to implant and measure your decisions and Standard Operating Procedures with all providers, through meaningful KPIs and scorecards.