Latest opinion: 06 Nov 2018
With its mix of project cargo, breakbulk, general cargo and minor bulk, the multipurpose sector is one of the trickiest to follow, but Drewry’s close study of this market suggests an improvement is on the way.
The specialised shipping sector covers a variety of different niche segments that remain critical to the conduct of world trade.
- Multipurpose shipping, incorporating both Breakbulk and Heavylift (or project) shipping
- Reefer shipping, involving the movement of refrigerated cargo
- Car Carrier shipping, involving the movement of autos (including PCTC)
- Ferry & Cruise shipping, involving the movement of passenger traffic
- Offshore, involving the support of the offshore oil and gas industry or special project work
Each of these sectors is characterised by very different dynamics and characteristics, requiring highly specialised understanding of these niche trades.
As a trusted, independent voice in the market, our team of specialists are regularly asked to present their research findings into market trends and future predictions for multipurpose and reefer sectors at leading industry conferences around the world.
In addition to detailed market analysis and rigorous forecasting we offer market leading analysis of the trade affecting the principle vessel categories as well as appraisal of shipping finances, including pricing, operating costs and investment returns. We challenge conventional wisdom through our deep understanding of the trade dynamics driving demand for different vessel types in all corners of the world.